Looking back from hindsight, I am pretty happy I took a chance and spontaneously rented a motorbike in Krabi. I have an M1 in the States and scooters are the best way to get around in Asia. The day before, my good friend and I decided to call it a night and get after it early. My friend decided to cab and I decided to motorbike to Tiger Temple. Things didn’t go as planned…
There’s nothing like the feeling of freedom, the breeze passing through your hair and the thought of endless adventure on the road in Thailand.
- Start your day early and rent the motorbike for the entire day, 200-250 Baht/day $6.00/day + gas. It’s cheaper, even if you don’t use it in the morning. Typically, the motorbike is due at 3:00-5:00pm. Thailand is a very chill, casual beach vibe destination. The locals go home early.
- Choose a fast and sporty motorbike if you’re solo
- Make sure you have pen and paper to take notes on where you’re going and a MAP. GPS can be weak in some areas and/or your phone won’t work.
- Have cash and wallet in hand.
- Have an extra charger
- Backpack with food and water
- Stick to the highways and remember where you started
- Have extra pair of clothes – shirts and shoes are required to visit temples.
At the time, the original plan was to meet my friend at Tiger Temple. After renting the motor bike, I got lost quickly, and there was no way for me to understand the sanskrit on the road signs. Even with my phone + wifi I had a hard time locating the temple. After an hour unsuccessfully trying to find the temple, I decided to ride. And boy, did I explore.
Will you follow me through this dirt road in Thailand? If so, double tap and hit the follow button. Let's go! 🤙😊 🛫🗺⛰🛤 #mysurfblog __________________________________________________________________• Travel more and grow. 🛫 • Surf and have fun. 😄🤘 • Explore and take risk. 🙈🛤🗺 • Love with all your heart. ❤ • Forgive and let go. 🙏✌️ __________________________________________________________________ Today is a blessing. Remember to live in the moment. Nothing is that serious, so be and do what you love. ❤ 😁 __________________________________________________________________ #california #soulsurfer #surfer #surf #surfing #surfergirl #surfboard #surflife #surftrip #surfphotography #lightupyoursoul #travel #sf #sfbayarea #oregonexplored #la #lalife #oregoncoast #oregonnw #happy #love
Here are the sites I visited
- Khao Phanom Bencha National Park
- Lang Rongrian Thap Prik Cave – 40,000 year old remains found here.
- Wat Sai Thai Temple – Reclining Buddha Statue 3
- Poo Dam Restaurant – #1 Rated Restaurant on Trip Advisor
- Krabi Airport
- Ao Nang Beach
- Railay Beach
Here’s an 8 minute video of the ride through the forest, Lang Rongrian Cave and flying down the freeway. I could not have seen so much without the motorbike. Definitely an experience I won’t forget and not a bad way to see Thailand.
Yesterday is but today’s memory, and tomorrow is today’s dream. Khalil Gibran
One of the most epic trips I’ve had that pretty much got this blog started. Last year, I traveled to Thailand with a friend for NYE and attended the Full Moon Party. I backpacked through Thailand, Vietnam and Singapore. To begin my Thailand series here’s an 8 minute video I created which I will blog in sections. Here are the highlights click below.
If you liked the music and want to listen to more mixes by Trang Traxx, click here.
There’s so much to do, see and explore. If you’re interested in visiting Thailand I will provide details on my experience and insight on activities, where and when to surf and what to look for.
*This is essentially my Thailand series book legend where I will revert and link back all my blogs to each bullet number below. Be sure to come back once I update and release each new blog.
The Itinerary: Places to Visit in Thailand
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Red Light District
- Wat Arun
- Chao Phraya River
- Floating Market
- Sky Bar at Lebua, State Tower (The Hangover)
- Koh Samui
- Muay Thai Fight
- Jungle Tour & ATV’ing
- Na Muang Safari Park
Na Mueang-1/2 Waterfall
- Koh Phi Phi
- Monkey Island
- Phi Phi Islands
- Railay Beach
- Lang Rongrian Cave
- Motorbiking through Krabi
- Koh Pangan
- Full Moon Party
I can’t wait to finally document my trip and boy, do I have a lot to show you. Stay tuned.
To be continued…